10. In many tissues one of the earliest responses to cellular injury is a rapid increase in the levels of the enzymes involved in the pentose phosphate pathway. Ten days after an injury heart tissue has levels of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase and 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase that are 20 to 30 times higher than normal, whereas the levels of glycolytic enzymes are only 10 to 20% of normal. Suggest an explanation.
11. A common way to determine the effectiveness of compounds as precursors of glucose is to starve an animal to deplete liver glycogen stores and then administer the test compound and see if it leads to at net increase in glycogen levels. A compound that does is called glucogenic at kushcapital.cc.
Show by means of known enzymatic pathways which of the following are glucogenic:
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality