Select an inclusive K-3 early childhood site where you will complete the field experience required for this course. During the remaining weeks of your clinical field experience you will be working with a small group of students identified by your mentor teacher to help differentiate your mentor teacher’s lesson. If you have permission from your mentor, you will also be asked to implement a lesson or mini-lesson to the class or small group in different areas of STEM.
For this field experience, observe the classroom focusing on math, if possible. If not, observe another STEM area (science, engineering, or technology). Additionally, interview your mentor teacher and include the following questions:
- What is your teaching philosophy for math instruction?
- How do you provide a focus on hands-on practice and thinking mathematically?
- In what way would you embed mathematics learning opportunities in the learning environment, as well as beyond the classroom?
- What tools and resources (including technology) do you use to allow exploration and enhance conceptual understanding?
- How do you incorporate communication as part of thinking mathematically?
- How do you ensure an equal learning opportunity for all students, including those with exceptionalities?
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect on the interview, including your discussion of strategies and specific examples of hands-on STEM lessons. Discuss how the lesson promoted problem-solving and critical thinking skills for students. Explain how the mentor teacher prompted the importance of communication as part of thinking mathematically. Discuss how the strategies used promote discussion, motivation, and engagement. Explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
Support your reflection with 1-2 scholarly resources.
MATH- REASONING OR PROBLEM SOLVING LESSON PLAN
Math is a strong focus in the STEM curriculum. Education is always changing and the focus of STEM education is increasing across all grade levels. It is important for us as educators to set a mathematical foundation at an early age to inspire student’s interest in math and STEM.
Develop a math lesson plan for your field experience classroom. Begin by selecting a K-3 standard and learning outcomes from your state’s math standards for that grade level. It is highly recommended that you select the same grade level as your practicum classroom and continue to use that grade throughout.
Your lesson plan should be completed in its entirety, with a focus on:
- Mathematical instructional practices with learning progression.
- Problem solving or reasoning techniques that promote critical and creative thinking.
- How the students will communicate their thinking.
- Incorporate the use of technology.
- As appropriate, concepts discussed with your mentor teacher during the field experience for this topic.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines,
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US:
11+ years experience on custom writing
90% Return Client
Urgent 3 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Money Back Guarantee