- How did you feel after viewing 13th? Did you feel helpless, inspired, called to action or a combination of all three? Do you think the ultimate message of the feel was hopeful? Why or why not?
- If you are American, do you remember any of the political policies being put into place that has led to a rise in the prison population? Who promoted these policies? If you live outside of the United States, what similarities and/or differences did you observe between the political policies of your country and what is happening in America as presented by 13TH?
- Many politicians, including the Clintons, Newt Gingric, Charles Rangel in this film have apologized for their role in promoting devastating “tough on crime” legislation. Considering the billions of dollars made off the imprisonment of people, the ongoing practice of prison labor, and the cases of unjust imprisonment, is an apology enough? Is our country compelled to repay these communities and families in a more material and restorative way? Why or why not?
- How do you think media and popular cultures representation of Black Americans, particularly black men, have contributed to a dangerous climate of white fear and anxiety? (Think back to how George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case) How can we challenge these instances of racism and dehumanization?
- What will be your response to institutional discrimination as a future social worker working with marginalized populations?
Documentary: 13th by Ava DuVernay
Please watch the film and answer the following questions above. The assignment should be between 3-4 pages in APA format.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US:
11+ years experience on custom writing
90% Return Client
Urgent 3 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Money Back Guarantee