Explain Dr. Jonathan Swift’s decision to use satirical logic using these three terms of Toulmin’s Argument format
Label Swift’s Claim (Something about his decision to tell a sick joke)
Label Swift’s Warrant (A reason why satire is safer than a serious complaint)
Label Swift’s Support (Some evidence or proof)
Discuss the intent of Swift in writing this
- Who is his audience?
- Why do you think he would try to reach them by using a satirical argument?
- How might his audience have reacted to this 18th century political commentary?
- How would their reaction differ if his argument was straightforward?
- What is your reaction to this grotesquely written proposal?
Find a modern context connection
- What are some modern contextual examples that might parallel Swift’s clever means of social commentary?
- How does your understanding of these modern satires influence your perception of Swift and the accomplishments of this text?
Reflect on the social/political value of satire in the media
- Juxtapose Swift’s work with some modern contextual examples as you analyze the value of satire.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US:
11+ years experience on custom writing
90% Return Client
Urgent 3 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Money Back Guarantee